The Loewe Avenue Bag: First Impressions
I’ve been obsessed with the Loewe Puzzle Bag for months now, but I can’t bring myself to drop *almost* Chanel money on a leather bag that may turn out to be a trend. I gravitate toward classics for two reasons: (1) I love collecting bags that I can keep forever; and (2) I hate having to sell bags I’m not using. Okay, those are basically the same reason. Bottom line, the jury is still out on whether the Puzzle Bag is here to stay, which is making a bit hesitant.
To curb my Puzzle Bag appetite, I grabbed the Loewe Avenue Bag about two months ago. It is one of the few designer bags you can snag for under $1,000 brand new, so I was intrigued. After spending two months using it, here’s what I can tell you:
- The leather is buttery soft, and it seems hard-wearing.
- The logo pattern is understated and was easy to integrate into my wardrobe.
- The interior capacity is pretty spacious. I can fit a Chanel cosmetic pouch, Louis Vuitton cley, Chanel card holder, and iPhone 7 with plenty of room to spare.
- The chain is a soft gold that mixes well with other metals.
- The chain has a leather shoulder strap for comfort.
- The bag has great structure.
- You can tuck the chain into the bag and convert it into a clutch.
- The chain is slightly too short to wear crossbody if you’re my height (5’7″). I can do it in a pinch, but it ends up sitting a bit too high for my liking.
- The bag opening can be a pain to get into.
- The interior can turn into a black hole for small objects.
- There is no exterior pocket (I love having a pocket for my phone).
My overall conclusion is that the bag is a good buy. I’m very impressed with the leather. If it holds up well, that alone may tip the scales for my Puzzle Bag saga. Fad or not, if the leather will hold up for the next twenty years, I’m willing to ride out the tides of fashion.
Bag review Chanel First Impressions Loewe Louis Vuitton Uncategorized
Leave a Reply